Agency Publications & News
Charles Hall Youth Services is proud to announce a partnership with Heart River Bridges of Hope.
Heart River Bridges of Hope is an outreach and re-entry ministry on behalf of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the whole Church. As an expression of God’s grace and love, this ministry will provide youth opportunities for community worship, mentorship, wellness, and mutually enriching relationships. Trusting and believing that God heals and creates new life, our (Bridges of Hope’s) intent is to accompany and empower youth toward a future with hope.
Because of our holistic and empowering approach to working with at-risk youth, Charles Hall Youth Services welcomes the opportunity to partner in mission and ministry with Heart River Bridges of Hope. All youth need to feel like they belong and that their lives have meaning and purpose. Both Heart River Bridges of Hope and Charles Hall Youth Services are committed to helping you discover just that!
For more information about Heart River Bridges of Hope, visit: www.heartriverhope.org or www.comofhope.com
Bush Foundation awards CHYS major grant
Charles Hall Youth Services has been awarded a $100,000 grant from the Bush Foundation in 2009
for capacity-building efforts. The grant will support selected capacity-building efforts for greater sustainability
for the not-for-profit agency. This grant comes following the agency's completion of a two-year grant in
2007/08 with Bush for over $180,000.
Charles Hall wil continue to work hard to advocate for North Dakota's kids --- especially for those who are
marginalized because of their life situations. Our kids and families need us now more than ever.
We are doing good, solid work today. We do make a difference in kids' lives.
Our goal is to make an even stronger difference, and one that will impact future generations of North Dakota families.
Charles Hall Recognizes Stewardship of Our Supporters & Friends
At our April HoWaste Recognition Luncheon, two individuals and one business received
appreciation awards for their community spirit and generous support of Charles Hall Youth Services.
* Martel Enterprises (Jim and LaRayne Martel) received our new
Macedonian Stewardship award for their ongoing technical support to our agency.
* Foundation Board member Marshall Hughes of Maine was recognized
with The Power of One award for his generous, ongoing support on the East Coast.
* Dorothy Van Sickle of Bismarck was honored with our Living the Message award
for her many years of generosity and the giving spirit she provides to better the lives of people
within the Bis-Man community.
Congratulations to these community-minded stewards!
- 2007 - 2008 Annual Report - Program (July 08)
- 2007 Annual Report - Donors (July 08)
- 2007 Audit Report (June 08)
- Co-Executive Directors appointed to American Re-EDucation Association's Board of Directors
- Co-Executive Director Gayla Sherman leads seminar at 15th Annual Women's Summit (April 08)
- Festival of Children Foundation News (Winter 2007) Feature interview with Gayla Sherman, Co-Executive Director
- Fall 2007 GEAR UP Newsletter (.pdf)
- City Magazine (Jul/Aug 07) Youth Binge Drinking series, Part I, by Gayla Sherman, United Printing, publisher (.pdf)
- City Magazine (Aug/Sep 07) Youth Binge Drinking series, Part II, by Gayla Sherman, United Printing, publisher (.pdf)
- INSPIRE Magazine (Jan/Feb 06) features Co-Executive Director Gayla Sherman (.pdf)